Here are recent posts on our respective blogs, Anthrotopia & Wander-Bird:
- I came across this in the small notebook in which I started planning a 2008 NaNoWriMo story. It reveals more about its author than the character, but it was a good start. It let my creative mind know I was serious about finding a way to connect with it.
I'm not sure how to coax you ...more
- ... is not something I'd really recommend.
It is the Disneyland of Nature, at least down in the valley, where it parodies itself (the Yosemite that once might have existed): You can go to the gift shops to buy postcards of the scenes you can't see because you're in your car, stuck in traffic, unable to park and ...more
Standing on the sidewalk, Hannah loosened the ring on one tripod leg and lengthened it slightly until the level-bubble was centered, then she re-tightened it. She sighted through the viewfinder again and verified that the doorway was within the frame. She focused on one of the double door’s pair of brass doorknobs. The shutter clicked.
Gabe watched, ...more
- I know I'm not alone in being captivated by beautiful doors.
They say something.
It's not just bold paint, calling out to us, though the bright colors are eye-catching.
Maybe it's the attention to detail. It says, someone cared enough to create beauty here at a threshold, in a shared space.
There's a generosity inherent in beautiful doors. It says, ...more
- It was a good idea but I just didn't know how to use it well enough and didn't have the patience to figure out if I have a login account to the Wordpress support site.
Does anyone know of a plugin or add-on or ?? that makes it easy to link a Pinterest account with a ...more
- for which I sincerely apologize.
If you're thinking, "what?" then count your lucky stars you missed out on a flood of posts from yours truly.
I installed a plugin that I thought would just import my Pinterest pins to my media library!! Instead it posted them. All. 822 of them (more or less, ...more
Hear that creak and the bang of train cars moving out?
After a long hiatus, the wheels are turning once again!
2015 was a doozy of a year. Well, I take it back, it wasn't as much of a doozy as it could have been (I mean in the scheme of things it was pretty decent, though I lost ...more
- The north wind is gusting outside - it comes racing down the Central Valley, picks up topsoil and whatever isn't tied down. The air has a haze and is harried by the change in weather. The house holds firm but exhales now and then as it braces itself
Each season we have days that blow past ...more
National Poetry Moth
I hereby nominate you, dusk winged silence,
to be our mascot,
you who've eaten
and eaten so well every night
on the collards in my garden.
Your greenlit body
made to consume and digest and transform,
your sister sipping the moon's flowers,
your brother beating at my window
saying (oh, why won't she let me in?)
saying specifically what I can't hear because I'm
- Words and I aren’t having the best of relationships right now.
It started out decently at the beginning of February but by the end had deteriorated.
1. I learned a poem by heart. I spoke it aloud in the car, rolling it over and over. Then I returned to other poems I’d learned already and had let fall ...more